domingo, 17 de febrero de 2013

Hello my dear students 10A-B-C


HELLO EVERYONE 10A-10B-10C

The Past Perfect expresses the idea that something occurred before another action in the past. It can also show that something happened before a specific time in the past.
Examples:
·       had never seen such a beautiful beach before I went to Kauai.
·       I did not have any money because I had lost my wallet.
·       Tony knew Istanbul so well because he had visited the city several times.
·       Had Susan ever studied Thai before she moved to Thailand?
·       She only understood the movie because she had read the book.
·       Kristine had never been to an opera before last night.
·       We were not able to get a hotel room because we had not booked in advance.
·       A: Had you ever visited the U.S. before your trip in 2006?
B: Yes, I had been to the U.S. once before.
  • We had had that car for ten years before it broke down.
  • By the time Alex finished his studies, he had been in London for over eight years.
  • They felt bad about selling the house because they had owned it for more than forty years.
  • She never saw a bear before she moved to Alaska. Not Correct
  • She had never seen a bear before she moved to Alaska. Correct
·         Simple Past / Present Perfect / Past Perfect
Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses, then click the "Check" button to check your answers
1.    When I (arrive) _________________ home last night, I discovered that Jane (prepare) ________________________a beautiful candlelight dinner. 

2.        Since I began acting, I (perform) _______________ in two plays, a television commercial and a TV drama. However, I (speak, never even) _________________ publicly before I came to Hollywood in 1985

3.        By the time I got to the office, the meeting (begin, ______________ without me. My boss (be) _______________ furious with me and I be) _________________ fired

4.        When I (turn) ______________ the radio on yesterday, I (hear) _______________ a song that was popular when I was in high school. I (hear, not) ______________ the song in years, and it (bring) ________________ back some great memories.

5. Last week, I (run) _____________ into an ex-girlfriend of mine. We (see, not) _____________ each other in years, and both of us (change) _______________ a great deal. I (enjoy) _________________ talking to her so much that I (ask) __________________ her out on a date. We are getting together tonight for dinner

6.When Jack (enter) _______________ the room, I (recognize, not) ______________ him because he (lose) ___________ so much weight and (grow) ________________ a beard. He looked totally different! 

7. The Maya established a very advanced civilization in the jungles of the Yucatan; however, their culture (disappear, virtually) _______________ by the time Europeans first(arrive) ________________ in the New World

8. I (visit) ______________ so many beautiful places since I (come) ________________ to Utah. Before moving here, I (hear, never) _________________ of Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, or Canyonlands

2 comentarios:

  1. Esta muy interesante el tema, aunque deberiamos profundizarlo un poco mas ya que hay estudiantes que no entendieron muy bien.

    10A

    ResponderEliminar