miércoles, 27 de abril de 2011

THIS IS FOR MY DEAR STUDENTS 8C-8D

Hello my dear students do not forget practice will future(Far future) going to future(Near future)

Please READ, LEARN AND PRACTICE AND PREPARE EXAM:

will-future or going to-future - Exercise


WILL ► will + bare infinitive
Utiliza WILL para hablar de un acontecimiento que probablemente suceda en el futuro (pero que no es totalmente seguro).
One of these days, robots will run our factories.

En cualquier momento los robots administrarán nuestras fábricas.
Maybe even newspapers will disappear.
Quizás hasta los periódicos desaparecerán.

IMPORTANTE: En los dos ejemplos anteriores la probabilidad está expresada por SOMEDAY (algún dia) y MAYBE (quizás

GOING TO ► be going to + bare infinitive
Utiliza BE GOING TO para hablar de un acontecimiento que ha sido decidido en el pasado. Y ES SEGURO QUE SE HARA
I'm going to learn how to use the Internet.
Voy a aprender cómo usar Internet. (ya me decidí)
Susana's going to study at OM Personal. (ya se decidió)
Susana va a estudiar en OM Personal.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: We use WILL when we decide to do something at the time of speaking; we use GOING TO when we have already decided to do something.
POR FAVOR RECUERDA ESTO: Usamos WILL cuando decidimos hacer algo en el momento de mencionarlo; usamos GOING TO cuando ya hemos decidido hacer algo.
Put the verb into the correct form, using WILL or GOING TO.
Examples:
A: Why are you turning on the TV?
B: I'm going to watch (watch) the news. A: Oh, I just realized that I don't have any money.
B: Don't worry, that's no problem. I'll lend (lend) you some.
A: Those clouds are very black, aren't they?
B: I think it is going to rain (rain).
1.A: I've got a terrible headache.
B: Do you? Wait here and I ______________________ (get) you some aspirin.

2.A: Why are you filling that bucket with water?
B: I ______________________________ (wash) the car.

3.A: I've decided to repaint this room.
B: Oh, you have? What color_____________________ (you/paint) it?

4.A: Look! There's smoke coming out of that house. It's on fire!
B: Oh no! I________________________ (call) the fire department right away.

5.A: The ceiling in this room doesn't look very safe, does it?
B: No, it looks as if it ___________________________(fall) down.

6.A: Where are you going? Are you going shopping?
B: Yes, I ________________________ (buy) something for dinner.

7.A: I can't figure out how to use this camera.
B: It's easy. I________________________ (show) you.

8.A: What would you like to have: coffee or tea?
B: I _________________________(have) coffee, please.

9.A: Has George decided what to do when he finishes school?
B: Oh yes. Everything is settled. He___________________ (take) a vacation for a few weeks, and then he ________________ (start) a computer programming course.

10.A: Did you mail that letter for me?
B: Oh, I'm sorry. I completely forgot. I_____________________ (do) it now

11.A: What shall we have for dinner?
B: I don't know. I can't make up my mind.
A: Come on, hurry up! Make a decision!
B: Okay. We _______________________ (have) chicken.

12.JESS: We need some bread for lunch.
DANY: Oh, we do? I ________________ (go) to the store and get some. I feel like taking a walk.
Before he goes out, Dany talks to Jane:
DANY: I______________________ (get) some bread. Do you want anything from the store?
JANE: Yes, I need some envelopes.
DANY: Okay, I____________________ (get) you some.

13.John has to go to the airport to catch a plane. He doesn't have a car:
JOHN: Toshi, can you take me to the airport tonight?
TOSHI: Of course I _________________ (take) you. I'd be happy to.
Later that day Eric offers to take John to the airport:
ERIC: John, do you want me to take you to the airport?
JOHN: No thanks, Eric. Toshi ____________________(take) me.


Put in the verbs in brackets into the gap. Use will-future or going to-future.

Example: I hope, that the sun ________ tomorrow. (to shine)

Answer: I hope, that the sun will shine tomorrow.

1) Philipp______________ 15 next Wednesday. (to be)
2) They________________ a new computer. (to get)
3) I think, my mother¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬-____________________ this CD. (to like)
4) Paul's sister__________________ a baby. (to have)
5) They_______________________ at about 4 in the afternoon. (to arrive)
6) Just a moment. I_________________________ you with the bags. (to help)
7) In 2020 people____________________________ more hybrid cars. (to buy)
8) Marvin __________________________a party next week. (to throw)
9) We _________________________to Venice in June. (to fly)
10) Look at the clouds! _______________________It soon. (to rain)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario